The start of a new year is a great time to clean out the clutter! One aspect of clutter few of us think about are the individuals we choose to associate with on a daily basis. Being around the wrong type of people may be negatively affecting your life (and you don’t even realize it!) In today’s episode Dr. Bray discusses ten individuals who may be toxic to your happiness and success.
STUFF WE LEARN IN THIS EPISODE
Who Do We Consider Toxic People?
- Gossipers. These individuals like when things go wrong so they have something to talk about.
- Temperamental people. These humans have no control over their emotions.
- The Victim. Their time of need is all the time and they take no personal responsibility.
- Self-absorbed people. These individuals talk about themselves anytime and all the time.
- Envious people. They complain constantly and can’t feel the joy in someone else succeeding.
- The Manipulator. They are your friend because they want something from you.
- The Dementor. These people instantly suck the life out of a room by imposing their negativity upon everyone they encounter.
- The Twisted. They have bad intentions, deriving deep satisfaction from the pain and misery of others.
- The Judgmental. They’re quick to tell you exactly what is and isn’t cool, never considering your thoughts.
- Arrogant people. They want to win at everything Some of these people are blissfully unaware of the negative impact they have on others. Some derive satisfaction from getting you angry and pushing your buttons. They have false confidence and are driven by major insecurities.
QUOTES BY CHRIS
“Failure is the best teacher.”
“Be a cheerleader for yourself!”
“Belonging is one of the most important needs we have as humans.”
Distance yourself, be polite if you have to interact, but consciously establish boundaries and repeat them. If you happen to notice you ARE one of these types of people, it’s time to change!