EPISODE 305 After taking a break from your corporate job, you may be wondering “What level job should I jump into?” I have been asked this question many times. Often times re-launchers will overestimate or underestimate where they fit.
CONTENT WE LEARN IN THIS EPISODE
- Focus on getting in.
- People can see your skillsets.
- The first role is not permanent.
- It erases the gap.
- Negotiate your salary.
- Remember that there will be chances to get promoted.
- Assess how long you have been gone.
- 3, 5, and 7 years: You can likely slip back into a similar position.
- 10 and 20 years: You will likely need to take a lower-level position and work back up.
- Look for Return-to-Work Programs.
- Project-Based Program
- Role-Based Program
- Nonexistent Program
- If there is not a program, find a mentor. They will help you understand the culture and changes that have happened while you were gone.
- Feel confident that you can do it.
QUOTES BY CHRIS
“The most important thing is just to focus on getting back in. Your first role is not permanent.”
QUESTION OF THE DAY
“What level job should I take after a break?”
“What should my salary be as a re-launcher?”
Photo by Shelbey Miller on Unsplash